It’s high time to know NMN’s Best Companion- APIAGE™!
Apigenin is a medicinal plant-flavonoid supplement that is commonly found in various plant substances and herbs like chamomile, parsley, celery, and guava. It is also abundant in many medicinal mushrooms like Agaricus blazei, shiitake, and maitake. It is a true wonder substance, with extensive studies that focus on its antineoplastic, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-stress, pro-mitochondrial, neuroprotective, and general adaptogenic effects. Anyway, let’s come to its main function, “anti-aging” today!
Most of us know the most popular anti-aging supplement NMN, but know little about Apigenin. Why do we say Apigenin is the best companion of NMN? This part will explain more to you.
II. Why Apignin is the Best Companion for NMN (NAD Direct Precursor)?
a). Mechanism- the relationship between NAD and CD38
NAD boosting has emerged as one of the key strategies for improving our healthspan. However, the trouble is our levels of NAD go further and further down with aging. NAD’s molecule is so large and bulky that we have to take precursor molecules that themselves are converted into NAD within the human body such as NMN, NR, etc. which is quite popular in the anti-aging community right now.
However, since NAD is so vital for the human body, why does it go down as we age? By exploring and reading various scientific studies, we may get answers from one enzyme-CD38 to get the truth!
Figure1: From study “CD38 dictates age-related NAD decline and mitochondrial dysfunction through a SIRT3-dependent mechanism” 
From figure 1, we can clearly see that with aging, the NAD level keeps dropping while CD38 keeps increasing. One question: Is CD38 related to the rapid consumption of NAD?
Two new studies by Chini et al. and Covarrubias et al. in Nature Metabolism show that CD38 expression in macrophages induced by senescence-associated inflammation accounts for the age-related decline in NAD+ levels.
Just see figure 2, when aged cells stop growing and replicating, a phenomenon called senescence, secrete molecules associated with inflammation in a process called a senescence-associated secretory phenotype (SASP). The presence of these molecules increases with age and induces the presence of CD38 on immune cells. This is how increased CD38 levels from aging-associated inflammation lead to progressive NAD+ level reductions through the SASP cellular loop.
Figure2: From Nature Metabolism-Inflammation associated with aging induces CD38 enzyme activity in M1 macrophages that consume NAD+. CD38 enzyme levels increase as a result of the senescence-associated secretory phenotype (SASP) linked with aging in the liver. This leads to increased consumption of NAD+ within and nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) outside of immune cells called M1 macrophages. For these reasons, CD38 on M1 macrophages is a potential therapeutic target for preventing age-related NAD+ decline.
b) Inhibiting CD38 thus better protecting the NAD in human body- Apigenin will be a key role!
Simply supplementing NMN can effectively store and increase NAD in the human body, but how can we protect NAD more effectively? Inhibiting CD38 must be put in the first place!
So how to inhibit CD38? Thanks to a significant body of recent research “Flavonoid apigenin is an inhibitor of the NAD+ase CD38: Implications for cellular NAD+ metabolism, protein acetylation, and treatment of metabolic syndrome”, we now know that supplemental Apigenin can inhibit CD38 directly, and result in increased NAD levels. It’s been found to ‘switch off’ the pro-inflammatory genes leading to the inflammation problem, driving the response of those macrophages involved in expressing CD38. This also shows up in better maintenance of your protein regulation, as your genes become less ‘acetylated’, and more youthful as a result.
Therefore, Apigenin must be the best companion of NMN. Taking Apigenin together with NMN will take a better effect on longevity.
III. How to Choose Apigenin? APIAGE™ will be your reliable Choice!
It’s no more than a platitude! Judging the credibility and reliability of a product is impossible to bypass the quality, safety, and effectiveness, etc.
- Stable production capability, and friendly manufacturing environment!
Production Manager from Mars Wrigerly is guiding the manufacturing-500kg to 1ton per month of API AGE™ Apigenin, strictly based on GMP standards to produce ingredients.
2. Safety-using plant-based manufacturing method(semi-synthetic) to guarantee the natural characteristic of
3. GSK (World Top 10 Pharmaceutical company) researchers using IDS® technology to offer customized service. IDS® platform includes Inclusion complexes, Micelle, Liposomes, Nanoemulsion technology, Phospholipid complex, and so on. We are able to customize ingredients based on products characteristic thus obviously improving the product’s bio-availability and absorption.
4. Former USP scientists are guiding the quality standard while offering reliable ingredients with high
- J Camacho-Pereira, “CD38 dictates age-related NAD decline and mitochondrial dysfunction through a SIRT3-dependentmechanism”
- Carlos Escande & David A. Sinclair, “Flavonoid apigenin is an inhibitor of the NAD+ase CD38: Implications for cellular NAD+ metabolism, protein acetylation, and treatment of metabolicsyndrome”https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/flavonoid-apigenin-is-a
- Shuai Wu & Rugang Zhang, “ Nature Metabolism”https://www.nature.com/articles/s42255-020-00292-5
- Bennett M. Sherman, “CD38 Enzymes on Immune Cells Drive NAD+ Decline with Age.”https://www.nmn.com/news/cd38-enzymes-on-immune-cells-drive-nad-decline-with-age